The end of the year is seen as a time to reward people who have contributed one way or another to your business, company, or organization, not just employees but also partners, prospects, and, most importantly, paying customers.
More than just rewarding old customers, running holiday campaigns with freebies such as
- Discounts and free shipping options help businesses to reward year-long customers with cheaper holiday options while attracting first-time customers to get familiar with your product/service.
- Coupon codes are particularly useful for intangible products/services, where new customers are incentivized to make a time-based purchase.
The real appeal behind these freebies is the fact that they provide a two-way benefit; rewarding old customers while simultaneously acquiring new ones.
For example, a holiday ad title that goes… “shop on our website now and get a 30% discount on all items” will definitely drive traffic to your website, as many people intend to benefit from lower prices to fulfil their year-long wish lists. However, more than just attracting users to your website or e-commerce store, maintaining customers’ loyalty in the internet age requires brands to maintain interactions with them on social media.
According to a 2020 survey by Sprout Social, 89% of consumers would make purchases from brands that they follow on social media. Hence, if you intend to run an ad campaign for the 2023 holidays, it is important to first build a social media presence, as it could boost your website traffic by 10%. Simply put, if your strategy is right, 10,000 followers on your social media pages can earn you 1,000 clicks on your ad campaign.
How To Effectively Build A Social Media Presence With Giveaways
Giveaways are one of the most effective methods to build social media presence, as they help to increase your follower count, likes, comments, shares, and impressions in general.
When properly done, giveaways help to drive real and valuable engagement by enjoining participants with engaging tasks and interactive questions. For example, a giveaway tweet for a fintech product (say App X) can be conducted thus:
“To Celebrate 2023 Thanksgiving, we’ll be giving away $5000 in Bitcoin to appreciate our loyal users and customers; to win, all you need to do is:
- Follow us
- Retweet and like this post
- Tell us in one comment how the “App X” has helped to ease your daily transactions
- Tag three friends in your comment
- And use the hashtag #AppXGiveaway
Entries close by 30th November, 11:59 PM EST.”
This giveaway helps the “AppX” brand to achieve three boosts in their bid to increase social engagement, which are:
- Wider Organic Reach: Since many of your existing followers (who are either customers or prospects) want to win a share of the giveaway pool, they are inclined to use the like and retweet buttons, tag a few friends, and also comment with the hashtag. Hence, other people, who may not be very familiar with the product, can now see it on their timelines, and if the buzzwords catch their attention, they will be inclined to take a look.
If it also catches their attention, they will repeat the cycle, and it will continue in an infinite loop, thereby increasing your engagement and followers.
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing: The giveaway task involves users talking about their good experiences with the product/service. Of course, only existing users can genuinely offer feedback; hence, the newly interested prospects whose attention has been caught would see all the possible benefits from fellow users like them, and if it satisfies their curiosity, they would be tempted to give it a try.
In fact, if the deadline isn’t short, many new people will sign up for the product just to have first-hand experience and perhaps participate in the giveaway. A win-win for everyone.
- Gaining New Semi-Prospects: Indeed, some people would only follow and interact with your page for the sole purpose of winning a giveaway – not just the current one, but for upcoming giveaways. However, as new followers of your page, they get to see all your posts, get acquainted with your products, and could slowly be converted into full-fledged prospects.
What Should I Give?
Money isn’t the only thing to giveaway to your audience. As a rule of thumb, you should give away something of tangible value, and value is relative; hence, it is important for you to understand your audience before starting a giveaway. A fintech giving away $5,000 is a good idea since they offer a financial service; however, generally, you can offer anything, including money, custom merch, existing products, and even coupon codes mailed to the winners.
Where Should I Host the Giveaway?
To get the best possible return on your ad spends, you must recognize where the bulk of your active community members is, as well as your prospects; if your community members are dominant on one platform, that is where you should be.
However, in cases where your prospects are spread across several platforms, you could get confused about where to host the giveaway. Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or Tiktok?
So, you inadvertently ask yourself questions like
- Should I spend the entire giveaway budget on the platform with most prospects, OR
- Should I split the giveaway budget across all platforms OR
- Do I need to have a different budget for all platforms?
Indeed, without a holistic solution in sight, these are your realistic options; however, hosting your social media giveaway with a dedicated giveaway platform can help you eliminate these problems with a single solution.
The Cwallet Giveaway Tool: One App, One Giveaway, Multiple Platforms
The Cwallet Giveaway tool allows you to grow your social relevance on several platforms with one stroke. Hence, with a single giveaway, you can engage your audience on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, medium, LinkedIn, and anywhere you can think of by setting up a task.
Cwallet Giveaway Tool: Task Setup Page
Hence, the same set of participants of a single giveaway can simultaneously help you to achieve a wider organic reach on multiple social media apps.
For example, the eligibility requirements for a single giveaway could involve participants carrying out Twitter tasks like Retweeting a Twitter post and, at the same time, requiring them to leave a clap on a Medium post.
Hence, with one platform, one giveaway, and one reward pool, you can grow your social engagement on multiple apps with a single giveaway.
Perks of The Cwallet Giveaway Tool
- Dedicated Giveaway Profile: You can also create a giveaway project profile on Cwallet with a dedicated profile photo, header photo, and all your social media pages. From here, people can follow your giveaway page and even turn on the alarm to get notified each time there is a new giveaway.
Cwallet Giveaway Tool: Giveaway Project Profile
- Give Anything, Anytime, and From Anywhere: Although Cwallet is a crypto wallet, you can give away any item of your choice, from traditional gifts like AirPods to Web3 gifts like NFTs. No limits to the Cwallet giveaway tool.
Cwallet Giveaway Tool for Web2 & Web3
- Easily Grow A New Social Community From Scratch: The Cwallet giveaway tool also helps you to grow your audience on an entirely new platform. For example, if you have an active telegram or discord community, you could set up a giveaway task that requires them to follow and engage with your newly opened Twitter account, and in a short while, your Twitter account is up and running. Isn’t that smart?
Rewarding your prospects and existing customers during the holiday season is a mutually beneficial activity. On the one hand, your audience is happy to receive freebies from you, keeping them emotionally attached to your brand, and on the other hand, it can help you gather a lot more prospects who aren’t familiar with your brand.
Indeed, there are several ways to build your brand’s social media presence, but the rewards attached to giveaways make them the fastest way to generate real and high engagements. When combined with other strategies, giveaways could yield incredibly high returns for your brand.
So, take advantage of the Cwallet tool this holiday season, reward your customers and engage new audiences with a new, improved social profile. Learn more